Sunday, December 30, 2007

Simply Rich Authenticator using Rails 2.0.2

This is a mini Rails App that uses RESTful authentication and Acts as State Machine to implement: 1. Signup 2. Activation 3. Forgot Password 4. Reset Password 5. Change Password Download it here. Code is available under Rails MIT license. You can check out the code from: svn checkout *http*://simply-rich-authenticator.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/simply-rich-authenticator-read-only Happy New Year! P.S: I have fixed the file size problem. So enjoy the screencast.

6 comments:

  1. So the check out URL is wrong. Not *http*://..

    Even when I removed the *, I'm getting a url not found. Would love to see this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go to : http://code.google.com/p/simply-rich-authenticator/source

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't get this to work. I start I new project and then change the routs.rb and environment.rb as you do and when I go to run rake db:create I get this:
    rake aborted!
    Illegal route: the :controller must be specified!

    I am using:
    ruby 1.8.6 (2007-06-07 patchlevel 36)
    rails 2.0.2
    Ubuntu 7.10

    Any ideas???

    ReplyDelete
  4. started a new project(again) used the same exact method and it all worked... Confused/Happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Bala,

    1. Excellent, excellent Authenticator screencast. Long but worth it.

    2. Now working.

    3. Validation of login and email not working. I can signin multiple login and email. Wonder is it because register method (from acts_as_state_machine) is used and not the save method from Rails core in user controller.

    4. Session or Sessions? Rails 2 seems to require session (singular) for new and destroy actions BUT sessions (plural) for create action - real mystery for me - I have both in the app at present - must try to solve this.

    5. Any plan to do a "Subscription Plan" and Paypal integration?

    Thanks for the help!

    Regards
    euro

    ReplyDelete
  6. Recurring billing using ActiveMerchant with Authorize.net gateway is under development. The mini-project will be released along with a screencast. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete