Thursday, June 23, 2016

How to make clients come to you?

I developed a short screencast on photo album in Rails. Someone from New York saw my screencast. He paid me $3000 for two days work to develop a child adoption site. I created a frame for the client that required:
  • No resume.
  • No reference check.
  • No criminal background check.
  • No legally permitted to work check.
  • No open source project contributor requirement.
  • No degree requirement.
  • No BS computer science questions.
  • No Ninja, Super Man or Spider Man required.
  • No onsite work only requirement.
  • No standups.
  • No meetings.
  • No status reports.
  • No Skype interviews.
  • No face-to-face interviews.
  • No negotiation.
  • No confidentiality agreement.
By recording a screencast I proved that I have the skills to produce the outcome he wanted. The screencast built my credibility and created the trust. He paid 50% before I started the project and the rest upon completion.





No comments:

Post a Comment